I blog now.

Because everyone wants to follow the life of city girl :)

8.03.2010

Greetings from the Windy City!

I. Am. Here. Weeee!

I drove my sweet Budget truck to Chicago on Saturday, accomplished the move with my movers Louis and Chico (I loved them both, but I loved Chico the most) in two hours, and have since then been finding spaces for my millions of belongings that having giant walk in closets for the past three years enticed me to collect. I've been purging quite a bit. It's like therapy.

I've only been out a few times. I'm slighty neurotic in that I cannot relax until things in my apartment are put away and put together. Anyways, I went to a cozy little bar down the street that comes equipped with a full shelf of board games. Pretty fun. I can see that leading to some pretty fun nights in the future. Last night I walked up to my friend Ashley's place. There was a Cubs night game, so I had my first experience dealing with those crazy people (for those of you who don't know, I live one street east of the intersection that is Wrigley Field). Basically, there was just an enormous crowd and a lot of men in baseball jerseys. Nothing too crazy. Anyways, I met Ashley's roommate and we proceeded to mingle with some "locals." Lovely people. I then had my first experience at a BYOB restaurant. Best idea ever. These BYOB places are everywhere and again, I can see that leading to some pretty fun nights in the future.

That's all fairly boring, but nothing too exciting has happened yet. I bought coffee and milk and the corner store and the clerk sang Jai Ho the entire time I was in the store. Odd, yet entertaining. I got a parking ticket and am using my lawyer skills to fight it. I will let you all know how that works out for me. I will likely win. That's what I do. Also, I raged a war against what I have deemed a pterodactyl. Seriously about had a stroke fighting this beast. I need my roommates here STAT so when I scream someone comes to my assistance.

One of the roomies arrives Friday. With her cat. Meow.

More exciting updates to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment