I blog now.

Because everyone wants to follow the life of city girl :)

8.08.2010

Meet my New Roommate(s) + Cubs Must Die

I no longer live alone! In order of no particular importance, I now live with:

Wafflehouse Parks-Hypnar


Cristyn

I'm sure Cristyn will be impressed with all of that. I know I am. Anyways, we've been bouncing around. We went to a farmer's market, the beach, and out for drinks yesterday. I certainly felt like I was taking advantage of the city. And if anyone is interested, the lake was absolutely freezing and we were being attacked by a single fly that incessantly bit us. Weird, I know. 

Okay, on to why I hate the Cubs. They are destroying my life. 

Since I'm a real city girl now, I've been granted the right to be annoyed by the tourists and others that destroy my life and neighborhood to see the Cubs, who apparently have a home game every single day. I hate them all and feel that if not for the fact that I was sane, I will be the cause of much violent crime all over the street. I literally can see more people on the street than live in all of Willard. Perhaps that's not saying much. So I'm in a constant state of internal rage, but I'm finding ways to be entertained by the masses. Like this nice black fellow with no teeth and a fifty year old red t-shirt who I was observing while at a traffic light today. Of course he hocked a giant loogie as I was watching him. Disgusting. Kind of like this guy --> Eek! Anyways, I hate you Chicago Cubs. I can't park my car. I can't walk anywhere without touching an abnormally high number of strangers. And I can't even take the train without watching all of you silly tourists fumble with your one-day CTA passes for 35 minutes before actually getting through the entrance. Oh, Wrigleyville, I knew it would come to this. Meh, everything else with respect to my home is fine though. 

What else have I been doing? Okay, well I joined the YMCA here. Despite it's maze-like layout and the fact that I feel like a rat looking for cheese while I'm there, it's legit. I'm spinning and hurting my body in ways that I never thought possible. Kind of exciting, yet miserable. Unfortunately, my food and alcohol consumption negates most of what I do, but that status quo works for the rest of the country and it works for me too. 

I went to Target with my roommate today. Her bookshelf collapsed post-move. Of course only after she placed all her books on them. Anyways, while we were there, she bought a rug for her cat to poo on. We were getting into the elevator to get back to the first floor (yes, it was a two story Target; city people must build up, not out) this freak show of a girl asked her if she could touch her rug. What a crack head. I constantly wish I had a video camera because people in the city are amazing. It's like the people watching Olympics for me. Additionally, as a note to all parents: when your children inevitably scream like wild animals in public, please at least have the decency to parent just a tad and tell them to be quiet. I was almost seizuring when I left Target because there were so many screaming and crying kids. I'd take the Cubs crowd over that nonsense any day. 

Alright, I'm sure there is something On Demand that I have to watch right now. Tomorrow I begin acting like an adult and am going to do some job searching. I also have to hit the beach and the Field Museum's only free day in August. See, the city can be cheap. 

Top notch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment